Overview: Great White North Growers Inc. is seeking a Junior Associate Grower to assist us in being a best in class medical marijuana production facility. If you enjoy being part of a high performing team and have a desire to learn more about an emerging and growing industry, this is your opportunity to join an organization that recognizes, values and rewards key contributors.
Location of Work: Anjou, Quebec
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Head Grower, the Junior Associate Grower is responsible for maintaining the health and growth of our cannabis plants while ensuring records are consistently kept. She/he will primarily focus assisting cultivation experts as needed. A Junior Associate Grower ideally has rudimentary knowledge about cannabis strains and is willing to learn Great White North Growers specifications for growing conditions and processes.
Duties & responsibilities
- Tend to the daily needs of our plants with direction
- Perform trimming and pruning at all stages of the plant and product lifecycle
- Contribute to quality control of both growing plants and processing product
- Ensure accurate records are maintained of all activities
- Transfer plants to appropriate location
- Operating and maintaining basic equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and facility
- Participate in facility cleaning and sanitation activities
- Read & understand our Great White North Growers Standard Operating Procedure (SOP’s), Health Canada Cannabis Regulations and Good Production Practices (GPP) principles, along with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Ensure post-harvest areas are maintained in a clean, organized & safe manner
- Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Education:
- Previous cannabis post-harvest management experience/knowledge an asset.
- Experience in a regulated and highly compliant environment is desired
- Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Multi-tasking; attention to detail in skilled & precision work; exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure consistency of product
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent manual dexterity using scissors, snips and sheers
- Ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to perform varied tasks consistently as required
- Experience growing and harvesting plants an asset
- Cannabis knowledge and experience an asset
- Must be able to lift to 40lbs ; able to stand for long periods of time
Great White North Growers Inc. welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Send us an email at email@example.com