Great White North Growers (GWNG) is a licensed cannabis producer, located on the Island of Montreal is currently recruiting for an EXTRACTION MANAGER.
The Extraction Manager is the Extraction department operational leader driving and scaling product manufacturing of cannabis derivatives and the conversion to final products.
The Extraction Manager reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the extraction and post-extraction production of cannabis products. Additionally, they manage inventory and packaging of bulk and finished consumer goods.
The Extraction Manager drives a continuous improvement culture through training, planning and execution.
The successful candidate will bring expertise in extraction processes and procedures, offer a strong background in people leadership within a manufacturing environment, and be comfortable with key stakeholder communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufactures & transforms Cannabis derivatives and consumer products to consistent standards and quality in adherence with GWNG’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensures Good Production Practices (GPP) are maintained with a focus on product quality and consumer product safety.
- Liaises with Cultivation Operations to ensure maximum derivative yield and proper strain selection.
- Liaises with Sales to plan and align produced goods with market demand.
- Responsible for maximizing extraction quality and profitability.
- Maintains inventory of all manufactured product including, derivatives, finished goods and production inputs.
- Manages equipment operational maintenance and repair.
- Manages hazardous/non-hazardous waste disposal and/or recycling.
- Manages manufacturing schedules, staffing and equipment needs.
- Supervises personnel related to manufacturing department ensuring hygiene, productivity, safety, compliance, and a positive company culture.
- Generates reports on turnaround time, downtime, and production efficiencies.
- Manages departmental regulatory and business intelligence records and reporting.
- Assists in compliant packaging and labeling of products according to strict regulatory requirements, working directly with the QA/QC Director.
- Identify and optimize specific extraction needs and associated equipment.
- Develops and maintains capital and operational budgets as and when required.
GWNG. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org